The New Adolescence: Raising Happy and Successful Teens in an Age of Anxiety and Distraction
- Providing the support and structure teens need (while still giving them the autonomy they seek)
- Influencing and motivating teenagers
- Helping kids overcome distractions that hinder learning
- Protecting them from anxiety, isolation, and depression
- Having effective conversations about tough subjects--including sex, drugs, and money
A highly acclaimed sociologist and senior fellow at UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, Dr. Christine Carter melds research--including the latest findings in neuroscience, sociology, and social psychology--with her own real-world experiences as the mother of four teenagers.